What works for you?
Self-discipline is a very importand habit we all need. No success will ever be achieved without, and no goal will be reached. Below are some tips and strategies shared in our brainstorming session. Thank you to all who participated. What can you add to the list? Please comment below.
Get up and Get at 'em
Getting up early and out of the bed at the first call of the alrm and bringing the dog for a walk is a great way to increase self discipline. You're up, you're out of bed and you've gotten some fresh air - so the cobwebs are blown off. You can then go home, get your cup of joe and get cracking on whatever it is you need to do, happy in the knowledge you've not spent half an hour wasting time thinking about how tired you are. -Cormac, My Online Marketer
Here are a couple things I do to help with self-discipline.
The first is to make a morning routine. My days often get away from me, but not usually in the first hour. So whatever I find difficult to work into my day, but important to do so, is what I do first. For me, that means exercise. The first thing I do is a suite of stretches. The second thing I do is push-ups. Then I get hungry. which is quite another story.
The other thing I do is reduce temptation. When my mother-in-law bakes tempting treats and leaves them on the counter, I remove them. I hide them. Otherwise, I would take a little slice "just to taste it" every time I pass by. Unfortunately, I don't always hide the treats and I do sometimes take a taste. Hiding treats is a great way to exercise self-discipline...as long as the place you hide them is not in your mouth. -David Leonhardt, THGM Writers
Cultivating Self Discipline
In my experience self-discipline isn’t about consistently doing something. It is about knowing what you truly want and identifying realistically what changes it will take to get there. If you set reasonable small steps to your goal you are more likely to cultivate self-disciple and boost your self-esteem along the way. -Lianna Tsangarides, LCSW
I try to walk 90 mins a day - I find I MUST walk at least 40 mins before breakfast, or I never do ANY.
I try to count calories - If I deviate even a small bit early in the day, I end up blowing 2 days calories in one.
Moral - Early day resolve is most important. -Philip Turner, Time Money Problem
What can you add to the list? Please comment below.
Action List for Business Start-Up.
You have a brilliant idea that you know will work. How do you put the wheels in motion? If you do not approach things in the correct way from the start, it can be very stressful to start your own business. Use the following action list to make sure you remember everything you need to do.
7 Important Questions to Ask Yourself:
1 What are you going to sell or which service will you deliver?
Ask yourself the following:
- Am I an expert in something? (Examples writing, baking, or home decorating) Can I use this knowledge to start a business?
2 Choose a name for your business.
Your business name should stand out, and tell customers about your product or service.
- Choose a name that will appeal to your target market, allows you plenty of room to expand. A person should be able to pronounce the name easily remember it.
3 Draw up a business plan
A business plan is a summary of the past, the present, and future of your business. To draw up a business plan, you need the following information (To name just a few):
- Your business name and contact details.
- A description of your business.
- Information on what staff you will use, and their qualifications.
- Information about the potential risks involved and suitable insurance.
- The goal of your business.
- The products you want to sell or services you will be offering.
4 If you need funding, get that in order.
It's better to make use of your own money, but if you need financing, you can use your business plan and financial projections to apply for a loan from a financial institution.
Answer the following questions before you seek finance:
- How much money will you need to pay your own private monthly bills until you start earning an income?
- How many products do you need to sell before you break even, where your expenses and income balance each other? Many small businesses fail because of cash-flow problems - not because they were not profitable.
5 Get all the legal aspects in order
Legal aspects differ from country to country and depending on your type of business you will have to confirm which licenses you need. In most of the cases, the following would apply:
- You will have to apply for a license if you plan to sell food or drink, plan to open an entertainment venue or day care center for children.
- If you want to sell alcohol, you will have to apply under the licensing laws at the provincial liquor authority for a liquor license.
- You have to register your company with your country's Revenue Service for the relevant tax.
- If in doubt about your skills as an accountant, you should instead appoint an accountant who can review your books and your annual tax return submission.
6 Open your bank account and get insurance.
Open a separate bank account for your business - it will help your company's finances and keep your personal finances separate, simplifying the bookkeeping and tax. Your company must be registered to open a business account. All the major banks offer business accounts.
Get separate insurance for your business as your home insurance will not cover your business affairs. Also, include public liability.
7 Promote your business
Write down your marketing plan with your goals and how you will achieve it.
Include the following:
- Who is your target market?
- The benefits of your product or service.
- Your marketing methods and tactics.
- Your marketing budget.
Read regularly through the marketing plan to remind yourself of what you want to achieve and how. Be clear about your goals and set up a realistic plan. Regularly review your plan. Note that you may not make false claims about your product or service.
Further reading - the ebook and paperback “Start your Own Business"
"Action is the foundational key to all success."
TODAY is the day; it’s time to get motivated! Are you living the life that you desire? These following couple of questions is very important to make the first real step in fulfilling your dreams in life.
Did you already set goals to achieve?
Did you make any progress towards receiving them yet?
Do you have the motivation to achieve these goals?
According to research done by the University of Scranton, 92% percent of people that set new years goals never actually achieve them. Why do so many people fail at goal setting, and what are the secrets behind those who succeed?
Successful goal setting boosts self-confidence a lot as it provides you with a measurable way to see how you're doing. When your goal is achieved, you can build further slightly more challenging goals, which in turn when achieved, will lead you to the experience of reinforcement of your confidence and a boost to your self-esteem.
How do you keep focus on long-term goals?
- Have an experiment-driven life. This is about risk, being willing to fail because you're failing forward. The more experiments you make the better.
- Growing an Attitude of wisdom. Be very careful to not develop the so-called competence to think "I know a lot about that” - You are never too old to learn. The pursuit of wisdom is one of the absolute goals of people seeking to live the good life. Particularly, the Scriptures have a lot to teach us about wisdom. Always ponder your life with curiosity and openness and embrace the challenge.
- Do what you love. Success might be waiting around the corner for you. But be careful; do not do something just because you're good at it - that doesn't mean you should do it. Do what you feel passionate about. What are you born to do?" When are you the happiest?
Now it is time to set your specific, long-term goals for the important areas of your life, such as career, family, finances, and so on. Then, look over these goals. How do they make you feel? If you do not feel excited about these goals, take these goals off the list, or revise them so that they move you towards something that really matters to you. Treat your goals like recipes. Remember to take it one step at a time. It is very important to break down a goal into smaller, measurable steps. Write down each step how you would like to work trough the goal to be sure you are clear about what to achieve and how to do it.
Good and healthy mental habits are the cornerstones of achieving personal success. Treating your set goals as very important, giving them attention every day, will soon be a healthy mental habit that becomes part of yourself, without thinking about it.
More on creating and organizing your goals, as well as how to stay motivated achieiving them #SuccessRevamp
Last but not least, don't Give Up! Remember that finding motivation isn't always easy, but it is always possible. Be Passionate about your goals, and commit to the end.
There are many advantages to self-motivation. People who are self-motivated, tend to be more understanding, has very good time management skills, and they are responsible people who have courage and determination, to name only a few good attributes. Developing the skill of self-motivation can help you to take control of many other aspects of your life. The knowledge on how to motivate yourself effectively is a very valuable asset, as it enables us to start every day energized and highly motivated. First of all, be willing to leave your comfort zone. The greatest barrier achieving your goals is your comfort zone. Great things happen when you leave this comfortable place.
What Motivates You? Do you understand what motivates you to do things? Sometimes your motivation is hidden from your consciousness – like a secret hidden agenda. Your motivation may well change from hour-to-hour, and through life - but the question you need to answer is what keeps you motivated? If you can figure out "why" you want a specific result, it will be much easier to engage in self-improvement and motivation will come more naturally.
To stay motivated―and achieving your goals is surprisingly possible. Before even trying to achieve a goal, target potential pitfalls and troubleshoot them. People who plan for possible pitfalls are more likely to achieve their goals than people who don’t. Believe in yourself, set reasonable goals and work on them every day. Focus on yourself, your needs and your desires with the intention to advance your life!
Some steps towards motivation:
- Make the decision to go all the way, NOW is the time to start.
- Create a list of goals. Motivation always requires goals, which are clearly set. Define your goals and break them down into smaller realistic portions.
- Cross off your list. To stay motivated, keep a written list of your daily tasks and cross each out as you finalize them.
- Treat yourself whenever you complete something on your to-do list
Join our reader’s list and claim your FREE ebook!
Change Your Thoughts
Law Of Attraction
Procrastination / Laziness
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.