The Key Ingredient in Both YOUR Personal and Business Success is Self-Confidence.
What is Self-Confidence? Confidence is not something that can be learned like a set of rules; confidence is a state of mind. Confidence comes from acceptance of your own body and mind leading to the trust in your own abilities, qualities, and judgment.
Low-confidence can be a result of many factors including fear of the unknown, criticism, bad time management, lack of knowledge, previous failure, and so on. People with long-term low self-confidence issues generally see themselves as victims of the world. As a result, they miss out on experiences and opportunities and feel helpless about changing things. What you should understand is that low self-esteem is most of the time a learned behavior. That means someone else taught you to feel low in self-worth, or you developed your own low confidence by over generalizing a few negative events. This is actually good news as learned behavior can be changed by adopting new beliefs!
Ten simple things that anyone can do to boost their self-confidence:
1) You should be planning and preparing for the unknown. Break down tasks into smaller manageable tasks and plan as many as you can.
2) Positive thoughts. Stay away from all negativity! Remind yourself that, despite your problems, you are a valuable person. Never give up. Never accept failure.
3) Highlight your strengths and successes and learn from your weaknesses.
4) Make three lists: (get a friend to help you with this) a list of your strengths, your achievements, and one of the things that you admire about yourself. Read through them regularly.
5) Identify any negative thoughts that you may have about yourself, such as ‘I am a loser’, ‘I never do anything right’, or ‘No one really likes me.
6) Give honest compliments to other people. This demonstrates that you feel good enough about yourself to give positive feedback to others.
7) Make changes where you can – You know that you cannot change the past, but you can change the future. Make choices on a daily basis, which will lead to the future you want to live.
8) Embrace failure: All super-successful people have had many failures. Learn from your mistakes, change your approach and just keep trying!
9) Stay realistic: Do not try to do too much - One of the biggest blows to your confidence happens when you continually fail to meet your own targets because it was not realistic. Instead, set targets that you know you will be able to do.
10) Look at your body language and image: Eat healthy meals, exercise regularly and ensure that you are getting enough sleep. When you are speaking, look the person you are speaking to in the eye - keeping eye contact shows confidence. - - - Pay special attention to your person. Dress in clothes that make you feel good about yourself. Style your hair.
In conclusion, the most important thing is the belief that you can be better. You play a huge part in your own happiness, and you can greatly increase it by taking action and changing your attitude toward yourself. You are responsible for yourself. Your happiness (or your misery) depends on a great part upon what you tell yourself and what you choose to believe and what not.
Join our reader’s list and claim your FREE ebook!
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Powerful Stress Busting Techniques! Download your’s now.