STEP OUTSIDE YOUR COMFORT ZONE AND CREATE TOMORROW...
"The comfort zone is the great enemy to creativity; moving beyond it necessitates intuition, which in turn configures new perspectives and conquers fears."
Your comfort zone is behavior that keeps you at a low anxiety level. Activities that you’re doing every day that don’t make you feel anxious about anything like cooking or cleaning are within your comfort zone. (Actually, a little bit of anxiety can be beneficial to push us to get our something done)
Leaving your comfort zone can be quite uncomfortable. But, it will expand your views, creates new opportunity, and leave you with memorable experiences. Unfortunately, fear of the unknown holds us back, and threaten our progress and the success we want to achieve. We are often afraid to take that first step...break the chains that are holding you back and enjoy the journey of taking risks.
Some steps to get you started:
Self-Preservation (Part Five of a 5 Part Series)
Develop and practice healthy living habits.
Maintaining our health should be our first priority, before our daily to-do’s - as if we aren’t healthy, we can not be successful in any other area of life.
The three the basics to stay healthy is food, sleep, and. exercise.
Exercise - Regular physical activity reduces health risks and lessens stress.
Some of the benefits of exercise include:
Reduced stress levels.
Improved focus and memory
Increase your energy levels
Weight loss and increased self-esteem
Distraction you from negative thoughts
Don't be overwhelmed by the idea of exercise - start with a few short sessions each week which you can gradually build it up. Generally, 20-30 minutes of exercise 3-5 times per week is recommended but even three 10 minute sessions of brisk walking may do. Set your exercise goal to be realistic and attainable. Keep it simple and most important, you should enjoy it!
Eat Regular Small Meals Throughout the Day
- Eat regular, small meals throughout the day. This way your brain will have a steady supply of glucose and you will not be getting too hungry, and overeats. Start with three bigger main meals, and three snacks spaced evenly trough the day. See how it works for you and makes changes as required, but keep it regular.
- Keep some healthy snacks on hand for days you are on the go. This way you can bring your food with you and still eat healthily and at your regular eating time. Protein snacks are always a winner as it feeds your body and doesn't add to unnecessary weight gain.
- Don’t EVER skip breakfast. You will experience lower energy levels and a lack of motivation trough the day. You will also be more prone to overeating and unnecessary snacking which may add to weight gain.
- As all know, drinking plenty of water is recommended. Limit caffeinated beverages like coffee to four cups per day. Cut out sugary and fizzy drinks like sodas and energy drinks, which lead to a drop in energy level and mood, and also have a negative effect on your health on the longer term.
- Limit junk food (actually you should aim to cut it out completely)
- Eat slowly. It takes twenty minutes for your brain to signal fullness. Enjoy each bite and avoid overeating by stopping before you feel full. You should feel that you still have space for more and then stops.
- Regulate portion size. Use a smaller plate and dish up with a smaller spoon.
It might be a good idea to start a food journal if you feel that it can help you assess your current eating habits, and track your progress with your new eating plan.
Regular good sleep is essential for good health, lower stress levels and to restore energy you used during the day. Most adults need an average of seven to eight hours of sleep per night
Sleep - How can you have a better night's sleep?
- Stop using electronic devices 30 minutes before you go to bed. (cell phone, laptop, TV, iPad etc) The light from these devices lets your brain think it is still day time, blocking melatonin which can help you fall asleep. Rather relax with a paperback or listen to relaxing music.
- No caffeine before bedtime.
- Avoid heavy meals near bedtime.
- Try to get a regular sleep pattern, go to bed at the same time and wake up at the same time every day, on weekends you may wake up an hour later.
- Darken your room and keep it cool.
"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live" - Jim Rohn
Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement.
Happiness is...- Happiness Quotes - Happiness Meaning
The more you practice, the better you’ll become.
"A lot of people don't want to make their own decisions. They're too scared. It's much easier to be told what to do." Marilyn Manson
If you are not happy with your life right now, it could be wise to make an effort changing the way you are making decisions...Why are the decisions we make of utmost importance? What questions will we ask ourselves in the decision-making process? Why is it sometimes so difficult to make decisions?
Must-read Audio books on how to achieve HAPPINESS
Happiness is...- Happiness Quotes - Happiness Meaning
We make dozens of decisions every day, of which much are of little importance. But some of these decisions may have a profound effect on our lives. If we want to progress living a courageous life, we must learn to distinguish between right and wrong and then make decisions that reflect our own values, and not those of someone else. One of the key components to becoming a great decision maker is learning to take full responsibility for your decisions.
Remember that delaying decision making can be worse than making a bad decision. While you can recover from bad decisions and learn from them, not making a decision at all, means your fear of failure allow someone else to make that decision for you.
Further Reading #RoaringCouage
“Have I not commanded you?
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
” (Joshua 1:9)
“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.”
― Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
#RoaringCourage - To identify and acknowledge that fear is affecting you in your life, is the first step towards overcoming any fear. Once you put a fear back of you, you will gain a big boost to your confidence to take you to the next level.
Learning how to be courageous means learning to do things despite your fear. If you face fears courageously, they diminish. But, if you back away from fear they will grow until they have all the power over you.
The world around you is full of people who took risks that paid off, as they were able put their fears behind them.
You can too! Here are a couple of ways anyone can use to conquer their fears:
The first step towards overcoming any fear is to identify it for what it is and acknowledge that fear is affecting you in your life.
Get specific about what exactly it is that you're afraid of. What is it that really scares you? Ask yourself when the fear started? Write it on a piece of paper. Writing it down brings it out into the light. It takes the fear out where it's lurking in the dark in the back of your mind, (where it has power over you) into the light, (outside of you) where you have power over the fear. Now you can do something about it, and take control over it.
“Fear is 100% dependent on you for its survival”
Consider praying for guidance on how to start overcoming the specific fear you has. "The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:5-7
Avoiding fears only make them worse. Attempt to face it head on. Whatever your fear, if you face it, it should start to get lesser and lesser. The successful people all admire is people who were willing to work and move through their fears in to get where they want to be. "You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' You must do the thing you think you cannot do." - Eleanor Roosevelt
To live a bold life, you need to consistently take action to build your confidence. Do not settle for less - If you hold back because of doubt or fear, you live small and cheat yourself out of a happy fulfilled life. Life is too short to stay stuck in one spot in time. It's time to let go of your excuses, to be brave, to make an intentional choice to do what it takes and face your fear head on.
Anyone can learn how to get trough fear, but many people hold on to their fears, as it's part of whom they are. It is not easy but rather faces your fears instead of avoiding it. In this way, fears power will be taken away and we can learn to defeat it. Push fear back and strip it of its power. Combat the feeling of fear and change it towards gratitude. Remind yourself of the silver lining in any situation.
Make the outcome of success your driving force. Do not imagine the worst. Control your imagination - If you can imagine the worst, you can also imagine the best. You just need to take back control of your imagination and get yourself to think about all the good things that can happen.
For further reading #RoaringCourage
Join our reader’s list and claim your FREE ebook!
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Powerful Stress Busting Techniques! Download your’s now.