While it is a given that starting a new business is associated with sacrifice and stress; you must keep perspective. Your family life should not be sacrificed.
To start a new business from scratch, are among the most stressful changes in a person's life - and is, thus, to be expected to have a huge impact on the rest of the family and the business owner must be prepared and take the necessary steps to deal with and cut the effect of the stress on the rest of the family members.
Possible consequences of a new business in a family:
Possible consequences of a new business in a family include:
- The first few months when your new business gets off the ground, are often the toughest. Long hours are required get a routine in place.
- If not working from home it may cause less time at home to do all the tasks you had time for before.
- There will possibly other members of the family are expected to jump in and contribute to aspects of the economy and management that they are not used to.
- The major change from a new business often spills over to other family members. A parent who as extra time work, could mean children must attend a playgroup day or a nurse temporarily look after them.
"Let your friends and family officially know what your new venture is. Don't miss this step. So often people start a business and think all their friends and family might know, but really they don't." Amy Dix, Brand New You
Work from home.
Why work from home? The benefits of homework are obvious:
- You'll save a lot of money without the daily traffic, tolls, parking, and food.
- You can save hours of time that can be used for other things. For an example, you save the time you would have to spend on the road.
- By working at home you do not have to sacrifice family time for your work. With the necessary discipline, you can keep an eye on your family too.
Although largely positive, it is also a challenge to work from home.
You must learn to apply a lot of self-discipline. There is no routine of an office environment and no boss to make sure you do your job. It is important to determine for yourself how much work you have to complete a day, and then stick to it
Avoid these mistakes if you work from home:
- It can lead to burnout if you never take a break. Unless there is an emergency, you should not work more than 45 hours a week. You have to make time for yourself.
- Do not spend too much time to spend alone. Leave your house for meetings and lunch.
- Even if you work from home, you are still working. Do not let family and friends keep you from work.
- Do not work in your living area. Make use of a separate workplace or office. Keep work-related things in the work area.
- If you have employees, it is very important to work in a separate room. Do not allow them to the rest of the house.
- Do not let your administration fall behind because you are too busy.
- Keep to a daily routine - a routine will give structure to your day and help you to establish solid working hours.
- Get a separate phone for your business and answer it in a professional way.
- If you have young children, appoint someone to look after them while you work.
- If you do not have a proper office where you can meet your customers, you should meet them at their offices or at a coffee shop or restaurant.
- Be professionally dressed when you meet people and do not work in your pajamas.
Further reading: “Start your Own Business"
Easily source research participants for in-person or online qualitative research studies. RESPONDENT
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Powerful Stress Busting Techniques! Download your’s now.