Learn how to bring the attributes of self-confidence, positivity, goal-setting, motivation and your true life values into action. These qualities will give you tremendous clarity around decision-making, in everyday life, as well as in business. Be motivated and be able to achieve your true desires trough proper goal setting. It is in your reach to live a purposeful, happy life and to achieve favorable results in all you undertake.
While it is a given that starting a new business is associated with sacrifice and stress; you must keep perspective. Your family life should not be sacrificed.
Possible consequences of a new business in a family:
Time management in your new business.
Use Your Time Well...
Set up a work routine and stick to it. Only plan for 4-5hours of real work per day. We're always more focused and productive within a limited time. More work hours doesn't mean more productivity.
It is a must that time limits are set on working hours and that you adhere to it. Limit your normal working hours to office hours during weekdays. If you need to work on weekends, make sure that Sundays are free at least. Be free at least one day a week, to focus on yourself and the family, and to do things together and relax. Due to modern technology, it is quite common to receive e-mail and SMS messages from your business after hours. Again, it is important that there are definite time limits set after which no emails and texts messages should be answered.
Proper time management is sometimes difficult, but if the benefits are taken into account, it is worthwhile. Take the first 20-30 minutes of every day to plan the rest of your day. Do not start with anything else until you complete your time plan. The time you schedule to schedule time are of utter importance.
Do not multi-task. Focusing on one thing at a time will double your productivity, which can mean the difference between success and failure in a small business. Set a timer to force yourself to be limited to do one thing at a time. Focus on that one task until it’s done.
To make the best use of your time in your business, your day should consist of a series of goals that have specific milestones. Break larger goals into smaller steps, for more effective accomplishment. Set some goals to be completed before lunch and some for after lunch.
Start Early. To increase productivity, have an early start to your day. The more time you take to think and plan, the better organized you will be. Also get into the habit of going to bed at a reasonable time to be able to rise early.
For further reading - How to start Your Own Business
"Boundary setting is really a huge part of time management."
Characteristics of Successful Entrepreneurs
- Can you think clearly and use your common sense?
- Do you understand that some products simply do not sell?
- Are you creative? Successful entrepreneurs recognize and pursue opportunities, and promote their business tirelessly.
- Are you versatile? You need to be mentally prepared to take on a variety of tasks like a secretary and bookkeeper, at least in the beginning.
- Do you have a high level of confidence? If you have a high level of confidence you will be able to get the job done even under the most stressful conditions.
- Do you use your imagination?
- Can you solve difficult problems?
- Are you driven to achieve all your goals?
- Are you motivated, independent and hardworking? Entrepreneurs should be enthusiastic and believe that they would be successful. Are you self-motivated enough to do this, and can you stay motivated for extended periods of time?
- Can you convert plans into real action?
- Do you have self-discipline?
- Can you manage your time?
- Can you deal with stressful situations??
- Are you independent?
- Do you have patience?
- Do you realize that success is not achieved overnight?
- Can you put mistakes behind you and move on?
- Are you a doer? Are you willing to take the reins, or would you rather have someone else to do the things for you?
- Are you open-minded? Entrepreneurs face a lot of unknowns and should be ready to change their initial plans and strategies. New and better ways of doing things may come along as well. Can you be flexible in the face of change?
- Are you passionate about what you want to achieve?
- Do you have enough knowledge about the industry in which you want to move into?
Successful business owners set an example. As the owner, you are the "face" of the business. You should be reliable and fulfill your word. Even when things are not so good, a good manager stays positive and remain calm under pressure.
Successful business owners invest in their greatest asset: People. They know the people in their service is cardinal to ensure the business success. Happy employees are positive and far more productive.
A business owner can simply not afford to just sit back. Continual research on marketing and customer needs should be done to ensure you stay on top of things. The owner of a successful business has to function as a businessperson. This means that the owner should always be engaged and stay accountable by paying constant attention to the business.
The customer is King...still one of the most important characteristics of a successful business. Every business depends on someone else's money - whether individuals or other companies - to survive. Thus, you should always try to offer the best possible option for your clients. This means that you sometimes have to go the extra mile and make some sacrifices even if you do not agree with the client.
a Successful company has to give back to the community... This may come in many forms, from fundraising campaigns to the donation of personal time by employees to a worthy cause. To run a successful business is NOT all about making money. A business, no matter how profitable, is never truly successful without a true compassion for others.
For further reading see the eBook and Paperback “How to start Your Own Business”
"Opportunities don't happen. You create them." Chris Grosser
Change Your Thoughts
Law Of Attraction
Procrastination / Laziness
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.