It's clear that people who maintain focus on long-term goals can achieve much bigger things than those who jump from idea to idea, or those who give up at the first bump in the road...
TODAY is the day; it’s time to get motivated! Are you living the life that you desire? These following couple of questions is very important to make the first real step in fulfilling your dreams in life.
Did you already set goals to achieve?
Did you make any progress towards receiving them yet?
Do you have the motivation to achieve these goals?
According to research done by the University of Scranton, 92% percent of people that set new years goals never actually achieve them. Why do so many people fail at goal setting, and what are the secrets behind those who succeed?
Successful goal setting boosts self-confidence a lot as it provides you with a measurable way to see how you're doing. When your goal is achieved, you can build further slightly more challenging goals, which in turn when achieved, will lead you to the experience of reinforcement of your confidence and a boost to your self-esteem.
How do you keep focus on long-term goals?
- Have an experiment-driven life. This is about risk, being willing to fail because you're failing forward. The more experiments you make the better.
- Growing an Attitude of wisdom. Be very careful to not develop the so-called competence to think "I know a lot about that” - You are never too old to learn. The pursuit of wisdom is one of the absolute goals of people seeking to live the good life. Particularly, the Scriptures have a lot to teach us about wisdom. Always ponder your life with curiosity and openness and embrace the challenge.
- Do what you love. Success might be waiting around the corner for you. But be careful; do not do something just because you're good at it - that doesn't mean you should do it. Do what you feel passionate about. What are you born to do?" When are you the happiest?
Now it is time to set your specific, long-term goals for the important areas of your life, such as career, family, finances, and so on. Then, look over these goals. How do they make you feel? If you do not feel excited about these goals, take these goals off the list, or revise them so that they move you towards something that really matters to you. Treat your goals like recipes. Remember to take it one step at a time. It is very important to break down a goal into smaller, measurable steps. Write down each step how you would like to work trough the goal to be sure you are clear about what to achieve and how to do it.
Good and healthy mental habits are the cornerstones of achieving personal success. Treating your set goals as very important, giving them attention every day, will soon be a healthy mental habit that becomes part of yourself, without thinking about it.
More on creating and organizing your goals, as well as how to stay motivated achieiving them #SuccessRevamp
Last but not least, don't Give Up! Remember that finding motivation isn't always easy, but it is always possible. Be Passionate about your goals, and commit to the end.
There are many advantages to self-motivation. People who are self-motivated, tend to be more understanding, has very good time management skills, and they are responsible people who have courage and determination, to name only a few good attributes. Developing the skill of self-motivation can help you to take control of many other aspects of your life. The knowledge on how to motivate yourself effectively is a very valuable asset, as it enables us to start every day energized and highly motivated. First of all, be willing to leave your comfort zone. The greatest barrier achieving your goals is your comfort zone. Great things happen when you leave this comfortable place.
What Motivates You? Do you understand what motivates you to do things? Sometimes your motivation is hidden from your consciousness – like a secret hidden agenda. Your motivation may well change from hour-to-hour, and through life - but the question you need to answer is what keeps you motivated? If you can figure out "why" you want a specific result, it will be much easier to engage in self-improvement and motivation will come more naturally.
To stay motivated―and achieving your goals is surprisingly possible. Before even trying to achieve a goal, target potential pitfalls and troubleshoot them. People who plan for possible pitfalls are more likely to achieve their goals than people who don’t. Believe in yourself, set reasonable goals and work on them every day. Focus on yourself, your needs and your desires with the intention to advance your life!
Some steps towards motivation:
- Make the decision to go all the way, NOW is the time to start.
- Create a list of goals. Motivation always requires goals, which are clearly set. Define your goals and break them down into smaller realistic portions.
- Cross off your list. To stay motivated, keep a written list of your daily tasks and cross each out as you finalize them.
- Treat yourself whenever you complete something on your to-do list
is the first step towards overcoming any fear.
Getting through fear is one of the skills that anyone can learn.
"To identify and acknowledge that fear is affecting you in your life, is the first step towards overcoming any fear. See it as one of the obstacles you have to overcome that’s in your way, which you can pass. Once you put a fear back of you, you will gain a big boost to your confidence to take you to the next level" 52 Ways to Overcome Fear
There are many different types of fear. To name a few:
Fear of public speaking
Fear of being alone
Fear of being hurt
Fear of people
Fear of the unknown
Fear of rejection
Fear of strangers
Fear of losing out
Fear of not failure
Fear of loss
Fear of change
Fear of judgment
Fear of humiliation
Fear of success
Anyone can learn how to get trough fear, but many people hold on to their fears, as it’s part of whom they are. It is not easy but rather face your fears instead of avoiding it. In this way, fears power will be taken away and we can learn to defeat it. Push fear back and strip it of its power. Combat the feeling of fear and change it towards gratitude. Remind yourself of the silver lining in any situation.
Here are some strategies to cope with fear and anxiety.
"Everyone has had a dream at some point in his or her lives. Whether it's a couple dreaming about their first house, a science student dreaming of being an astronaut or a office worker dreaming of one day becoming a coffee shop owner - we all have dreams" 7 Dream killers & How to Overcome Them.
You had a dream in your heart. You believe God put it there, and you made the commitment to yourself that you would work hard and keep your eye on the goal... until a dream killer entered. You told your dream to someone you trust, hoping to hear encouraging thoughts, but instead you find your dream shattered to pieces.
It might not be the same today as it was when you were young, but do you remember yours?
What are dream killers?
Objects, your own negative thoughts, unsupportive people and situations are referred to as dream killers. Most people don’t know how to recognize them before they start to prevent you from achieving your full potential. There are many dream killers to be on the look out for, in this book we will in detail discuss seven of them.
Cut all the things out of your life, which are not doing anything positive for you, they are a weight pulling you back, preventing you from reaching your ultimate goal. Without all these negativities you will be able to relax a bit more, stress less, and reach your dreams a little sooner. Don’t let others steal your dream, giving them control over your life. Don’t’ allow all kinds of fear, self-doubt, negativity, and laziness to prevent you from the fulfillment of your dream.
Have faith and believe in yourself, even when others don’t.
Do not allow anyone to tell you that you can’t do something. Remember that hard work pays off. Hard work and commitment should lead you to endless possibilities. Tomorrow is coming whether you try anything new today or not. Do something with today; don’t just let it pass you by.
Remember, the only person’s approval you need is your own. Avoid allowing other people’s negative opinions to affect your desire to fulfill your dream. When you have a dream, it’s up to you to pursue it.
If you truly believe that you can do something don’t let anyone or anything stand in your way! Nothing worth having comes easy.
7 Helpful Tips For Immediately Increased Confidence!
1) What’s the worst that could happen? STOP worrying. Rather invest your energy in taking action on what you have control over.
2) Stop discounting yourself – give yourself credit for what you do. Avoid saying things like “anyone could have done it” – congratulate yourself and believe that you can do ANYTHING. If doing something for the first time, imagine that you have already done it successfully in the past. The mind does not know the difference between imagination and something real.
3) Copy someone who is already confident in the area you should succeed in.
Model as many of their behaviors in the context you want to be confident in as you can.
5) Go into the future and ask if what you’re faced with is such a big deal, looking back over your life. Be not afraid of making mistakes. See mistakes and failures as valuable lessons.
6) Take control of your inner voice and emotions. Silence the dangerous negative internal voice. Visualize a volume control and lower its volume.
7) Treat yourself with a make over. Cut your hair, dress neatly and look people on the eyes when you speaking to them.
If you have low self-esteem, make use of the power of your own positive thoughts and beliefs to change how you feel about yourself. This a decision YOU have to take.
This is an extract out of the book 52 Ways to overcome Fear & Increase confidence (Ebook & Paperback)
Positivity attracts happiness. When you decide to focus your thoughts, feelings, and actions toward positivity - happiness will follow.
To have true happiness is the greatest desire most people have. The ability to be at peace, a deep sense of well being, the capability to enjoy every moment of life, the here and the now.
Unfortunately for most of us, happiness seems to be difficult to find. Instead of living an uncomplicated straight forward life, we are unconsciously feeding unhappiness with negative habits resulting in disappointing outcomes in our lives.
8 happiness truths:
- Happiness is sustaiable. While living in the moment, make an effort to experience more joy by your actions like playing with our pets, help someone or show forgiveness and gratitude. keep in mind that in order to have an experience of real happiness and wellbeing that is enduring, you must expand to other people and the world around you
- You need to seek happiness with your whole heart. Happiness takes a great willingness to be aware of the habits that you do that needs to be changed. Commit to yourself to keep happiness in every moment of your day. Do your best to keep it alive.
“Life is a journey and if you fall in love with the journey you will be in love forever.” —Peter Hagerty
- Do not rely on other people or objects for your happiness. Happiness need to come forth out of your own inner beign. Not from objects out of your control. (persons, possessions, money, status etc) Do not give away your power by putting weight on negative opinions from other people or bad situations in your life. Circumstances and the opinions of others has only a hold on you if you allow them to. If you allow other people to control how happy you are, you’ll get hurt in the long run.
- What does you do or think that makes you unhappy? Or is it emotional reactions that makes you unhappy? Remember you always have a choice over your thoughts. Choose not to feed the negative. say “No” to the negative thoughts, and say “Yes!” to happiness every time they came into your mind. Embrace your your flaws and have high standards - but never try to be perfect as perfectionism is a man made illusion.
- Happiness is a choice. There are many things we don’t have control over, but we have a choice about where we place our attention. Now is the moment - The past is just a memory - The future is a vision. Only now exists. Live n the present and be very carefull about your self talk. This is a mighty tool that if used adequately may have very good outcomes. according to a study done by Harvard Univercity, Happiness comes from choosing to be happy with whatever you do, strengthening your closest relationships and taking care of yourself physically, financially and emotionally.
- Happiness does not need to be a permanent state of excitement but can be a feel of contentment too. Just to give up controll and be content with what's happening right now and being OK with it.
Mindfulness and positive self-talk can help you reaching your goal. Self-talk can give wonderful goal reaching results when used properly and consistently.
Your weight is a direct result of your current subconscious programming.
If you want to achieve permanent weight-loss, you need to start working at the source of the problem. Positive self-talk helps you to change your programming by ensuring that you only deliver positive input to your subconscious mind, rather than negative.
If you give it a change and listen mindfully, you can hear that inner voice. Sometimes it’s supportive and motivational, it can be judgmental and critic on all you do. Self-talk can be rude, saying things to yourself that you’d never say to anyone else: “Screwed up again… Never get it right… you ugly and fat”
How to Get Your Self-Talk Under Control
If you are serious about losing weight, you need to get your self-talk under control. Self-talk can work wíth you or against you.
The words you use to describe yourself, what is occurring with your body, and
how you feel about yourself will trigger emotions of happiness or failiure that you experience.
- You should make it a habit to only concentrate and talk about what you want, rather than what you dont want.
- You should talk about about your goals and where you are moving ro.
Whether it’s stumbling through road blocks to lose those last 5 kilograms, or dragging yourself to get through the last kilometer of the race, positive self-talk is essential. Don’t say anything to yourself that you wouldn’t say to your best friend.
Conform negative self-talk, to powerful body-shifting self talk...
There’s no magic formula that can make people see success, but if you realize you can no longer fit into your favorite garment, that might be just the day you decide once and for all this is it, you can and will get a healthy live style.
Weigh yourself at least once a week. Record your weight to track your progress over time. If it goes in a direction you don’t want — make some changes.
Stand more and sit less. Walk as much as possible and rather take the stairs than the lift. Move as much as possible throughout the day, even if it seems pointless. And remember - be positive!
These discussion is an extraction from the book Habits to Loose Weight Permanently
Talking to yourself doesn’t mean you’re crazy. In fact, it just might you get smarter!
It can help you clarify your thoughts, shake off stress, and boost your mood.
You will organize thoughts better.
We all have mental conversations with ourselves. Research shows those who have regular internal dialogue are better at processing more thoughts simultaneously because they can organize their thoughts better. Talking with yourself not only relieves loneliness, you will be able to achieve greater memory and will find that your thoughts are more efficiant. There’s just one very important condition: You become smarter only if you speak respectfully to yourself.
Positive self-talk can increase your self-confidence and restrain negative emotions. Your thoughts are the source of your emotions and the conversations you have with yourself can be destructive or beneficial.
The Way You Address Yourself Matters.
Using the third person can help you step back and think more objectively. The pronoun “you” instead of “I” when talking to yourself is more effective. Using the second person helps us to get a better perspective on the situation, and be more objective rather than emotional.
You achieve your goals.
When you say out loud your goals, it helps you focus on what you want to accomplish and you are you are more likely to achieve them.
Evidence is conclusive that your self-talk has a direct bearing on your performance.
- Zig Ziglar (American author, salesman, and motivational speaker)
In This Convenient Guide You'll Find Out How Get Motivated and Stay Motivated.
You self are responsible for your own choices, and to stay motivated - but this is no easy task and so often people slide back an loose their motivation.
What separates the highly successful from those who fail is the ability to stay motivated and vey important - to keep moving forward. There is no simple solution for a lack of motivation, but this straight forward guide will help you to help you get motivated and stay motivated.
Whether you own a business and want to take it to the next level or trying to lose those extra pounds, motivation is key to getting from point A to point B.
I found this guide easy to understand and painless. In here you will find tips for daily success, ideas for goal achievement, the main reasons why people loose their motivation, how to get momentum and tactics to stay there, and much more.
- Did you have set clear goals to achieve - and did you start and make progress into this direction?
- And if you have set goals, do you have the neccesary motivation to achieve these goals?
- Remind yourself that your minutes, hours and days come around only once – and it’s up to you to live the life you want, right now.
- What it is that drives you? Why are you here for on earth? And how can you contribute to others?
According to research done by the Univercity of Scranton, 92% percent of people that set new years goals never actually achieve them. Why do so many people fail at goal-setting, and what are the secrets behind those who succeed?
Remember that your desires will change as you go trough life, and as your circumstances and interests change. If you are able write down your deepest desires right now, it is possible that you are already working towards them. Most people unfortunately have difficulties with motivation and have to look into the process of how to find out about their desires
You should really work towards what you need out of life and for want you want. Being true to yourself is the most important thing to do. Remember, the fear of failure is really an illusion. No one was born to fail. You have to fail, in order to succeed. Your failures are learning experiences on your way to succeed. You should find your true desires. Find out what you do with great passion and almost without effort. If you recognized this, then usually a burning desire is somehow connected with it. So if you look at what you really enjoy, and what you would like to have or create - then connect these two together and develop a greater vision from these two.
We need to think to plan but we need to feel to act - You need to develop a personal vision. If you have found where you are in your life right now, and would like to expand in the future, you have to create this future as clearly as you can in your head. This is the personal vision you have to develop for yourself. Make some notes about what you see and describe it in writing.
By seeing clearly what you desire, the brain activates a process to create towards this vision. It is like sculptor seeing his statue in a solid rock and then simply cutting of the pieces from it to reveal what he always saw in his head underneath. That is what is called having a vision. And it is nothing unnatural, it is real and source for creating something extraordinary. This is motivation. This is the source of motivation to create that what you already see. Your personal vision takes control of your future: it creates it in advance.
Three steps to get your sculpture done:
Make it realistic. To be able to stay motivated is to be realistic about what you can achieve within the timeframe you've planned.
Organize your goals. Which goals are most important to you? Which do you need to accomplish first?
Last but not least, don't Give Up!
Remember that finding motivation isn't always easy, but it is always possible.
Change Your Thoughts
Law Of Attraction
Procrastination / Laziness
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.