Keep the following steps in mind when you set yourself goals, to make sure it is achievable.
Think little goals and expect little achievements. Think big goals and win big success.
- David Joseph Schwartz
How to set S.M.A.R.T Goals:
- Specific: Be very clear on your goals. Do not let out any detail.
A specific goal has a much greater chance of being accomplished.
Who is involved?
What has to be accomplished?
Where should it take place?
When should it be finished?
Which requirements are needed?
Why should it be accomplished?
- Measurable: criteria to measure progress toward the achievement of each of the goals set. How much? How many? When it is accomplished?
- Attainable: When you identify your most important goals, you begin to figure out the road map how you can let them come true. That includes the skills and money to reach them. You could see previously overlooked opportunities, which can bring you closer to the achievement of your goals.
- Realistic: A goal must represent an end result towards which you are able to work. A goal can be both high and realistic; a high goal is frequently easier to reach as a low goal has low motivational force.
- Timely: A goal should be within a time frame. With no time frame, there’s no sense of urgency.
It's clear that people who maintain focus on long-term goals can achieve much bigger things than those who jump from idea to idea, or those who give up at the first bump in the road...
TODAY is the day; it’s time to get motivated! Are you living the life that you desire? These following couple of questions is very important to make the first real step in fulfilling your dreams in life.
Did you already set goals to achieve?
Did you make any progress towards receiving them yet?
Do you have the motivation to achieve these goals?
According to research done by the University of Scranton, 92% percent of people that set new years goals never actually achieve them. Why do so many people fail at goal setting, and what are the secrets behind those who succeed?
Successful goal setting boosts self-confidence a lot as it provides you with a measurable way to see how you're doing. When your goal is achieved, you can build further slightly more challenging goals, which in turn when achieved, will lead you to the experience of reinforcement of your confidence and a boost to your self-esteem.
How do you keep focus on long-term goals?
- Have an experiment-driven life. This is about risk, being willing to fail because you're failing forward. The more experiments you make the better.
- Growing an Attitude of wisdom. Be very careful to not develop the so-called competence to think "I know a lot about that” - You are never too old to learn. The pursuit of wisdom is one of the absolute goals of people seeking to live the good life. Particularly, the Scriptures have a lot to teach us about wisdom. Always ponder your life with curiosity and openness and embrace the challenge.
- Do what you love. Success might be waiting around the corner for you. But be careful; do not do something just because you're good at it - that doesn't mean you should do it. Do what you feel passionate about. What are you born to do?" When are you the happiest?
Now it is time to set your specific, long-term goals for the important areas of your life, such as career, family, finances, and so on. Then, look over these goals. How do they make you feel? If you do not feel excited about these goals, take these goals off the list, or revise them so that they move you towards something that really matters to you. Treat your goals like recipes. Remember to take it one step at a time. It is very important to break down a goal into smaller, measurable steps. Write down each step how you would like to work trough the goal to be sure you are clear about what to achieve and how to do it.
Good and healthy mental habits are the cornerstones of achieving personal success. Treating your set goals as very important, giving them attention every day, will soon be a healthy mental habit that becomes part of yourself, without thinking about it.
More on creating and organizing your goals, as well as how to stay motivated achieiving them #SuccessRevamp
Last but not least, don't Give Up! Remember that finding motivation isn't always easy, but it is always possible. Be Passionate about your goals, and commit to the end.
There are many advantages to self-motivation. People who are self-motivated, tend to be more understanding, has very good time management skills, and they are responsible people who have courage and determination, to name only a few good attributes. Developing the skill of self-motivation can help you to take control of many other aspects of your life. The knowledge on how to motivate yourself effectively is a very valuable asset, as it enables us to start every day energized and highly motivated. First of all, be willing to leave your comfort zone. The greatest barrier achieving your goals is your comfort zone. Great things happen when you leave this comfortable place.
What Motivates You? Do you understand what motivates you to do things? Sometimes your motivation is hidden from your consciousness – like a secret hidden agenda. Your motivation may well change from hour-to-hour, and through life - but the question you need to answer is what keeps you motivated? If you can figure out "why" you want a specific result, it will be much easier to engage in self-improvement and motivation will come more naturally.
To stay motivated―and achieving your goals is surprisingly possible. Before even trying to achieve a goal, target potential pitfalls and troubleshoot them. People who plan for possible pitfalls are more likely to achieve their goals than people who don’t. Believe in yourself, set reasonable goals and work on them every day. Focus on yourself, your needs and your desires with the intention to advance your life!
Some steps towards motivation:
- Make the decision to go all the way, NOW is the time to start.
- Create a list of goals. Motivation always requires goals, which are clearly set. Define your goals and break them down into smaller realistic portions.
- Cross off your list. To stay motivated, keep a written list of your daily tasks and cross each out as you finalize them.
- Treat yourself whenever you complete something on your to-do list
"Many people wonder if they ever will find happiness" - #HappyWomen
Happiness can’t be found. You have to create happiness… Happiness is a Choice. Being happy and living your dreams means choosing to… what good choices are you making to achieve happiness and live your dreams? How is it that only a very few people end up living the life of their dreams? What is it that separates the doers from the dreamers? Nine out of ten people never reach their dreams. In fact, they do not even remember what their dreams were…
The saying "Doing what you love and loving what you do" is so important for long-term happiness and success, but how exactly do you follow your passions in a career or business that you truly enjoy? Is this ever possible to achieve? What is the bigger purpose you are pursuing? Your dreams should be your inspiration, and your purpose.
Many women underestimate how valuable and unique they are. In their quest in raising their families, looking after the children and their husband's needs, somewhere along that road, they give up on their dreams, desires, and things they really want. Although a woman is created to be a man’s warrior, and his support, she should still embrace her own individuality, not set it free at some stage in her life.
Having a dream for your life is a wonderful thing. It gives you hope for the future and encourages you to not give up when you approach roadblocks along the way. If you keep focused, you should achieve your dreams.For further reading...
Low-confidence can be a result of many factors including fear of the unknown, criticism, bad time management, lack of knowledge, previous failure, and so on. People with long-term low self-confidence issues generally see themselves as victims of the world. As a result, they miss out on experiences and opportunities and feel helpless about changing things.
Three simple things that anyone can do to boost their self-confidence.
- You should be planning and preparing for the unknown. Break down tasks into smaller manageable tasks and plan as many as you can.
- Give honest compliments to other people. This demonstrates that you feel good enough about yourself to give positive feedback to others.
- Embrace failure: All super-successful people have had numerous failures. Learn from your mistakes, change your approach and just keep trying!
Success Revamp: For more ways boosting your confidence
In conclusion, the most important thing is the belief that you can be better. You play a huge part in your own happiness, and you can greatly increase it by taking action and changing your attitude toward yourself. You are responsible for yourself. Your happiness (or your misery) depends on a great part upon what you tell yourself and what you choose to believe and what not.
The Biggest Adventure You may Take, is Living the Life of Your Dreams...Don't Allow Dream Killers to Enter Your House...
Possible reasons why it could be that you are currently not living towards your dream life and what to do about it.
- Clear goals have not been set on where you want to be. For an example, instead of saying you feel fat, make it your goal to lose weight. Actively change whatever you don't like about the situation. Many people say they don’t like their current job, but what are they actively doing about it?
- A Goal without a plan is just a wish. If you have set goals, did you specify a way to make your goals happen? If you want to lose weight, did you find an eating and exercise plan and commit to it?
- Do you surround yourself with the wrong people? If the people which surround you are negative and don’t believe in your dreams, their negativity will drain into your subconscious mind. It is hard to be positive when everyone around you is negative Always surround yourself with people who can take you higher. If you want a better life, you need to be in the correct mindset otherwise, you will not succeed.
- Do not wait for the perfect conditions before you make a change. Rather try being happy where you are right now. Happiness can’t be found, but you can create it. You can still while busy changing things have gratitude for the things you have.
- Don’t procrastinate. It is a lot easier to let life happen to you, instead of actively trying to change things yourself. You have to set time aside to create goals and do whatever it takes for you to get that goal done.
- Self-doubt. Very likely the biggest threat to your dream. Because if the enemy can get you to doubt yourself, you will have a list of toxic reasons why you’re able to reach your dreams.
Research suggests a variety of reasons on why we fail to do things we want to do, but three stand out:
- Fear of the unknown. We can’t predict the outcome of a new venture and we would like to prevent our self-esteem from getting damaged.
- The belief that we’ll perform better at a later stage when some circumstances changed first.
- Blaming excuses and circumstances from holding you back.
It is very dangerous to just sit back and wait for everything to fall in place, as this will not happen. If you do not set up your new venture correctly from the start, and make out that it is about your clients and not about yourself - your business will not succeed. How they benefit from you and what you giving them are what will make the difference between success and failure. A Good goal for your business is to make money doing something you love to do. A better goal is to make money doing something you love and also help with what other people need.
Many people blindly follow their passion, believing their love for it will be enough to make them successful. But it all can go terribly wrong soon as they forget to link what they love to something else that others will care about. If you want clients, you need to be concerned with why they should care about what you’re doing, even when you’re doing what you love. Never jump into a new business doing what you love without proper preparation and research. Remember that a passion with a mission behind it is a world-changing force.
Make use of proper preparation and spend your time doing something you passionately love. Move away from wasting your life on things that don’t matter to you. Start with defining what matters to you and why others should care about it as much as you do.
A dream doesn't become reality through magic - further reading #HappyWomen
is the first step towards overcoming any fear.
Getting through fear is one of the skills that anyone can learn.
"To identify and acknowledge that fear is affecting you in your life, is the first step towards overcoming any fear. See it as one of the obstacles you have to overcome that’s in your way, which you can pass. Once you put a fear back of you, you will gain a big boost to your confidence to take you to the next level" 52 Ways to Overcome Fear
There are many different types of fear. To name a few:
Fear of public speaking
Fear of being alone
Fear of being hurt
Fear of people
Fear of the unknown
Fear of rejection
Fear of strangers
Fear of losing out
Fear of not failure
Fear of loss
Fear of change
Fear of judgment
Fear of humiliation
Fear of success
Anyone can learn how to get trough fear, but many people hold on to their fears, as it’s part of whom they are. It is not easy but rather face your fears instead of avoiding it. In this way, fears power will be taken away and we can learn to defeat it. Push fear back and strip it of its power. Combat the feeling of fear and change it towards gratitude. Remind yourself of the silver lining in any situation.
Here are some strategies to cope with fear and anxiety.
1) What’s the worst that could happen? STOP worrying. Rather invest your energy in taking action on what you have control over.
2) Stop discounting yourself – give yourself credit for what you do. Avoid saying things like “anyone could have done it” – congratulate yourself and believe that you can do ANYTHING. If doing something for the first time, imagine that you have already done it successfully in the past. The mind does not know the difference between imagination and something real.
3) Copy someone who is already confident in the area you should succeed in.
Model as many of their behaviors in the context you want to be confident in as you can.
5) Go into the future and ask if what you’re faced with is such a big deal, looking back over your life. Be not afraid of making mistakes. See mistakes and failures as valuable lessons.
6) Take control of your inner voice and emotions. Silence the dangerous negative internal voice. Visualize a volume control and lower its volume.
7) Treat yourself with a make over. Cut your hair, dress neatly and look people on the eyes when you speaking to them.
If you have low self-esteem, make use of the power of your own positive thoughts and beliefs to change how you feel about yourself. This a decision YOU have to take.
Real success comes from the emotions that we experience each day, according the goals that matter to us the most. Go and sit down, write it out if you have to — and define what real success is to you. Real success is determined by who you become, the character you develop, what you do for others and, if you are true to God, your family, and yourself.
Here are five questions to ask yourself every evening. Do this exercise, and see what happens...
- Did i made that those I love feel loved?
- Have I avoided unkind words and deeds?
- Have I helped someone less fortunate or did i accomplish something worthwhile?
- Did i collect some wonderful memories?
- Am i grateful for the gift of being alive?
These questions will change your focus to what is really important, and the rest of your life will quickly fall into place.
Success is simple. Do what's right, the right way, at the right time.
Arnold H. Glasow
Change Your Thoughts
Law Of Attraction
Procrastination / Laziness
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.