Developing the skill of self-motivation can help you to take control of many other aspects of your life. Do you know what keeps you motivated?
Self-motivation is a key life accomplishment. This is the momentum that drives us to do things - the force that drives us to achieve our goals, to feel fulfilled and increase our quality of life. To be fully self-motivated, you need personal drive, responsibility, ambition, and enthusiasm.
There are many advantages to self-motivation. People who are self-motivated, tend to be more understanding, has very good time management skills, and they are responsible people who have courage and determination, to name only a few good attributes. Developing the skill of self-motivation can help you to take control of many other aspects of your life.
Ten steps towards motivation:
The knowledge on how to motivate yourself effectively is a very valuable asset, as it enables us to start every day energized and highly motivated. First of all, be willing to leave your comfort zone. The greatest barrier achieving your goals is your comfort zone. Great things happen when you leave this comfortable place.
What Motivates You? Do you understand what motivates you to do things? Sometimes your motivation is hidden from your consciousness – like a secret hidden agenda. Your motivation may well change from hour-to-hour, and through life - but the question you need to answer is what keeps you motivated? If you can figure out "why" you want a specific result, it will be much easier to engage in self-improvement and motivation will come more naturally.
Ten steps how to get motivated:
1) Make the decision to go all the way, NOW is the time to start.
2) Be positive. Positivity leads to productivity and success but negativity will hold you back.
3) Create a list of goals. Motivation always requires goals, which are clearly set. Define your goals and break them down into smaller realistic portions.
4) Organize your set goals. Many times one goal needs to be accomplished before it makes sense to begin another goal.
5) Makes an action list. Identify the first two or three most important goals and create a to-do list of daily tasks or objectives that will help you to accomplish them.
6) Cross off your list. To stay motivated, keep a written list of your daily tasks and cross each out as you complete them.
7) Treat yourself whenever you complete something on your to-do list.
8) Find inspiration. Look at blogs, magazines or websites of others who have achieved what you want to achieve, and get excited over your goal. Print out your goal in big words and paste it to the fridge. This will keep your attention on it to think about it daily.
9) Surrounds yourself with positive people.
10) Whatever you do, don’t give up. You will see that your motivation will come back. Think of your goal as a long bumpy journey, and not a comfortable short ride. You can’t give up with every little bump, hold on and you’ll get there.
Further reading: SuccessMindset
Easily source research participants for in-person or online qualitative research studies. RESPONDENT
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Powerful Stress Busting Techniques! Download your’s now.